A diaphragm is a small rubber cap that holds spermicidal cream or jelly against the cervix. This is where the sperm are trying to go to get to the egg. The cream or jelly kills the sperm.
Facts about Diaphragms
- It is more effective than foam or suppositories.
- The woman controls the method.
- Your partner won’t feel it.
- It’s less effective than the condom.
- Using it increases the chance of getting bladder infections.
- You have to go to a doctor or clinic to be fitted for one and instructed in its use.
- The diaphragm little or no protection against sexually transmitted diseases.
September 15, 2010