Birth control film is a form of spermicide that is placed in the woman’s vagina before sex. It is a small flexible square that turns into a gel to block the woman’s cervix and destroy the sperm. It works best when used with a condom or another form of birth control.
Facts about Birth Control Film
- It is small and easy to carry with you.
- It is available in drug stores without a prescription. It causes few health problems.
- You must wait at least 15 minutes for the film to dissolve before you have sex.
- Film only lasts for 1 hour.
- It sometimes irritates the penis or vagina.
- It does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases.